He is the author of eight books and the editor of three collections. During the seventies he served as a staff member of the President's Commission for a National Agenda, helping President Carter plan for a second term that never came to be.
Viewers Like You? Laurie Ouellette. Viewers like you? Oasis of the Vast Wasteland. The Quest to Cultivate. TV Viewing as God Citizenship. Something for Everyone.
Additional Resources – The Road to Sesame Street
Radicalizing Middle America. Along with PBS and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, the show gets money from some usual-suspect corporations, like Chevron and Bank of America, and a dozen or more foundations—in various amounts and arrangements worthy of examination in themselves. I mean, one would be fired as an executive of a profit-making company if he took that stance.
Washington types, you see, adore NewsHour. But most found nothing troubling in an industry bigfoot gaining controlling interest in a politically influential news program not to mention one on a network meant to serve public over corporate interests. MacNeil: The third leg of the stool whose Liberty subsidiary is the big shareholder in Turner and had to be consulted on this deal.
Viewers Like You?: How Public TV Failed the People
MacNeil: We should also declare our own interest here. MacNeil: But outside the scope of this program. But, anyway, you were about to say—. There is scheduled to be a presidential debate tonight…. They won an Emmy on Tuesday for best coverage of a breaking news story and news magazine for their reports on the turmoil in Pakistan.
- Viewers Like You: How Public TV Failed the People.
- KQED AT 50 / Bay Area's reliable voice to some, tired bastion of elitism to others - SFGate.
- Viewers like you? : how public TV failed the people?
- The Goddess CAT Potions!
- Butterflys Dream: Childrens Stories from China.
Their national convention coverage drew the only prime time broadcast news, and attracted an average of 3 million viewers over three nights. Hardcover , pages. Published September 17th by Columbia University Press. More Details Original Title.
What’s ‘Public’ About Public TV’s News Flagship?
Other Editions 2. Friend Reviews. To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. To ask other readers questions about Viewers Like You? Be the first to ask a question about Viewers Like You?
Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews. Showing Rating details.
- Viewers Like You?: How Public TV Failed the People - Laurie Ouellette - Google книги!
- The God Box: Sharing My Mothers Gift of Faith, Love and Letting Go.
- Table of Contents.
- Viewers like you?: how public TV failed the people.
- Entertainment Wars: Television Culture after 9/11.
- Finite Automata and Regular Expressions: Problems and Solutions.
- Emerald (Cormack and Woodward Book 2).